Kate Godfrey

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Homecoming Dance

Well, it all started with a simple "hello." In my math class there is a guy named Collin Hodges. He has a mohalk (which he can't spike up durring school hours so it is usually down) and he is the bass player in a band called The Last Impressions. Most of the time Collin wears black, and always, ALWAYS he will be seen a black jacket: leather, studded, buckled, or safety pinned, he will never part with a beloved jacket, even if it is 105 degrees outside.
He is a pretty nice guy, perhaps a bit misguided in some areas, but for the most part he knows how to be kind and sincere. So, being a goth/punk type of guy, I was interested in what kind of a person he was. He somehow seemed so distant from the world, like he didn't even want to be known at times.
So, in the first (or second...I'm not sure) week I said hi to him in the halls. This sparked something in him. Automatically he realized he could take an opportunity...."I'll make this girl like me!..I would love her as a girlfriend!" Only one day after, Collin gave me a note in my 5th period class. From then on I recieved a significant amount of them. Always within their folded contors contained passeges complementing the way I looked that day, or asking me how I was....this boy was flattering me up the WAHZOO! He wanted me to grow fond of him in a certain way....but I just couldn't find myself doing it.
So, the Homecomeing dance was comeing soon and everyone was conversing about getting a date. Every morning the announcements in over the innercom at school buzzed of "HURRY FAST! GET A DATE TODAY!" with all of this fuss, Collin moved in on it....he asked me to the Homecoming dance.
Though I was expecting on going with Tim Spendlove, the words just drew their way out of my pen, and the note released itself from my hand into his reading.

"Sure :)" (what a fool I am...)

I was in my room about a week later and the three of them knocked on my door. Colin, Gwyn, and Tyson stood in my doorway.
"Hey come watch movies with us." Gwyn asked for the shy little Colin.
"Um...okay, can I have a few minutes to get dressed?" I was a little embarressed as I stood there with no makeup, my hair a mess, and only dirty pajamas covering myself. Since Tyson's house is right next to mine, they all headed over there to wait for me. Looking kind of okayish, I walked nextdoor and nocked on the door. Tyson let me in and asked if I wanted any bean dip. I said my trade mark response for everything:

"sure :)"

Tyson stood behind his counter, "how much do you want?" I was a little unsure of how to word it at the time.

"um....Medium amount please."

He handed me the plate and to my surpise the freaking plate was not -MEDIUM AMOUNT- but -MONSTER AMOUNT- I dipped my chips into the dip as I watched the animated film "Wizzards" (very interesting one infact) and I didn't even eat half of that damn bean dip. Heh. it was good stuff though.
So after the movie we went into Tyson's room and listened to a recording of an irish transvestite comedian. Indeed that was funny stuff. But around 4:00 I had to head back to my house and get ready for the dance. Gywn came over and helped me curl my hair (which took longer than I had hoped) But I think it was all worth it, cause I looked halfway decent that night (haha yeah, like a fluffy princess...).
So, a fluffy princess (at least that's what I looked like that night) and a Goth/punk boy were off to the Dance. An unlikely pair, but hey, I am a nice girl.

I got home from the dance at about 12:30 A.M., and I have been awake ever since (it is now 3:11 A.M. ....hmmm I always look at the time when it is 3:11) The dance was pretty fun, I think. I got to see alot people I knew. And I ate some of the most delicious cream puff thingies! Oh god those things were good...Oh, we also spiked the punch! (dun dun dun!!!! *dramatic shocked music*) heh. though we didn't do it with alcohol. It was Mountain Dew.

Being the crazy person I am, I decided to do something out of the ordinary (which is an ordinary thing for me to do...) I carried around a stick called "the butt wacker" and I went around to people I either knew well, knew kinda, and didn't know at all, and wacked them with the buttwacker. When I did this my response was "I am the crazy buttwacker!"

I danced with Colin to 2 songs, I believe. Nothing super special went on there, but it was a nice time to carry out a conversation with him. I even danced with Wes, one of Colin's friends (who is now my friend...I think) They are really unique people and I enjoy having them around.
I actually danced to fast songs, in a kidding unserious manner ofcourse, but I still did it none the less! I danced with Gwyn (Colin's older sister) and Bethany, a good friend from school. To the fast dances we did a simple dance step called "The 80s skip" heh. I thought it was really fun, but I am asumming most watching us thought differenly the opposite, however that is the least of my worries :) We requested a bunch of songs over the dance period. Some of those songs where 99 red balloons, and The Thiriller. The actual Dance was held outside at the Lichfeild pond. We danced on an area of grass that was raised on a slope. The music was at a good volume setting (pretty loud, but quiet enough you could hear people talking) and round colored lights danced about the croud of people.

The dance began to die down, and the refreshment table was ready for the last minute pickers to have their fix. So I had my way with those cream puffs, and cookies. God, I seriously suggest you trying those man...who ever you are...eat em.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home