Kate Godfrey

Monday, March 10, 2008

Latest News...

Man Blogger....I haven't posted in a WHILE! Well anyway, as far as the latest goes...I have been working mostly on my music. I haven't really been witting as much as I'd usually in the past. Instead, I have been collaborating with other musicians working on what I already have written down. My aunt Deanna has been doing the back up vocals and Bongo drums, and my uncle Ken has been doing the lead guitar. The bass guitar is played by Kenny, a friend of Deanna's. The last few jam sessions we have been playing with this drummer named Bary.

I am really happy with most of what we have been working on. However, my more dynamic and unpredictable songs tend to add frustration in those that are trying to follow me. Mostly in my timing, and the changes of riffs. I'm sort of new to this whole "working with other musicians" thing. I mean, I started out as a solo musician...so I tend to just want to take off without giving any warning to the rest of the crew...I'm working on this the best I can.
I really want to get it worked out to be really crisp and together. Hopefully we can get some tracks recorded with all of the accompanying parts, so we can really get a clear idea of what is sounding like what. I just posted a music player on the sidebar to the right. I plays once the page is loaded, so if your speakers are on, then you are most likely listening to some of me tunes! I just thought you may enjoy hearing what I have been working on in my life...

Also, since I have last posted, which I think was back in 07 sometime...I have been purchasing a new vehicle for about a year now! I used to drive a 1986 Oldsmobile Royalle Delta 88, but I have since upgraded to a 2003 Mitsubishi Gallant! The total cost of the car is $7,500.00 so I have been working off my little toosh paying that off. I can't wait until I am done! I already have it down to around $3,900.00 left to pay on it.

Ohhhh, and I also just bought a new digital camera. It's a Sony Cybershot with 12.1 megapixels for around 300 bucks. I really shouldn't have splurged on myself on that one, but I couldn't resist.

I always want more money then I have, there is always something that I can't buy...I shouldn't have these kinds of cravings, but I guess that is what you get when you don't really support the recources...*sigh* I sort of hope my music will help me out with this.
So that is the basic skibby. No college yet. Just work, car, camera, and music. Thanks for reading!
Until Next Time,
Katelyn OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home