Kate Godfrey

Friday, March 21, 2008

I turned it in.

So I just turned in my entry for the compilation CD project yesterday. The songs I decided to enter are Song of Sand, and Old Man's Kettle. I choose those songs because they have a consistent beat, and for the most part the recordings turned out okay. I listened to my demo in the car on the way to St. George, and I was feeling somewhat confident it would make it..
After circling the block a few times, I was finally able to stubble upon the location of Spiral Studios. When I stepped in there no one was in the front office area, I could only hear what I thought was a CD playing in the next room. I didn't know weather or not this place was somewhere open to the public, or if I had just wandered into somewhere only available upon reservation.... Not feeling comfortable enough to sit down and read a magazine while sipping on complementary water, I curiously poked my head into the room where I heard the music coming from.
For a brief second I made eye contact with a musician playing the electric guitar, most likely recording...I felt disruptive and out of place, but I remained standing awkwardly in hopes of my presence being noticed. Finally someone stepped out of the music room. I'm so bad at meeting people...
"Oh Hi! um...I just had an entry for that compilation you guys where putting together.."
I swiftly wafted my folder in his face.
"Oh okay, do you have the entry form in here?"
I answered in a caffeinated rush.
"Yeah, I have the form, my demo, and of course...the check!"
We shook hands and exchanged names, then I got the hell out of there. I can really be one of the worst conversationalists sometimes. Mainly when it comes to meeting people for the first time. I also felt sort of intimidated because I was hearing the kind of music that was playing in the next room. It sounded REALLY radio friendly, a lot safer than any of my kind of rough scratchy vocals, strange musical arangements, and odd lyrics...Chances of my being involved in such a compilation seems slim. Only the future will tell my friends...And hey, if I don't get accepted, I will get my $135 bucks back! So whatev.
Katelyn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home