Kate Godfrey

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Invited?

a while ago on a Friday Malissa and I went to a party thrown by a guy named Eric Kesler. It was his 18th birthday, and I assume he wanted it to be really shnazzy. Though myself and Malissa aren't really close friends of Eric, we still somehow found ourselves going to his birthday party through the powers of conections. You see, Malissa is going out with Kaleb Jewel, a friend of ours, who is a cousin of Tyler Jewel, a friend of Eric's. Anyway, who gives a rotting monkey ass?....

It all started at around 6ish, Malissa and I were under the impression that we were supposed go to a concert held in the Farmers Market parking lot. Strange I thought, Why the poo would a concert be in the parking lot of a super market? Turns out, we were only supposed to 'gather' there, then migrate to a differen't location. Since we were dropped off believing we were already at our final destination, we found ourselves walking through the cold of the night.

Well, Sarah Garner, a good friend from school, was at the party. I was glad to see a farmilliar face there. Malissa and I went into the basement and stood around waiting for the concert to start. The bands playing were-..........CRAP...I can't remember the names of any of them accept for the last one that played....heh, well the last band was called Race the Sun a damn good band, to say the least. They played great.

For the first band that played Kaleb, Malissa, and I just stood in the there in the back of the tiney basement and calmly listened in to the rocking. It was pretty cool, but as most concerts begin, not many people were pumped up, thus leaving rather dull actions in the croud. Maybe a few heads bobbing, but that was it. That's not to say they weren't a good band, honestly they played great! It is just simply the fact that they went on first that brought the performance down a few points.

When the second band got up, plenty more rocking out went on, then leading into moshing. OOOO man I LOVE moshing! Malissa and I were kinda reluctant as to if we should go to the front and join the moshers or not, it looked rather severe. Heh, we did it anyway. We went crazy, My head was going EVERYWHERE!!! Long Katie hair whipping people in the face, my arms flung about like they belonged to a rag doll, and I bounced around pushing people. Man, it hurt! To be honest, the pain had an exciting thrill to it...don't ask me why.


so yeah, just thought I would post something positive, because I want to lighten up the mood a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home