Kate Godfrey

Sunday, November 07, 2004

A Major Uh Oh

Just recently my cousin Tosha went with my mom to the fast food restrant Wendy's. Tosha aparently ate something there (or just added on to an illness she had already been contaminated with) that made her thow up for 2 days. Tosha couldn't eat anything, and the moment she would try to, she would find herself throwing it back up again. As the days went on, she didn't have a thing in her stomach. She was in excruciating pain, a constant burn in her stomach, and throat would always be with her. She began to be thowing up acid, this wasn't a good sign.
At this time, it got way out of hand. Her mom, Dianna- finally took her to the hospital. We all waited an intire day in a half wondering if she was going to be alright. The phone rang. It was Tosha's mom. "Oh my god! I'm so glad to hear from you! how is Tosha doing??" I was so anxious.
"Well, she is doing alright now. Definetly better than before." That was good news to hear. She didn't talk long, because she wanted to talk to my mom. So I left the window of the facts I didn't know once again.....I hate being in the dark about things. Later that night Tosha called. "So Tosha, how are you doing?" Her voice sounded raspy and quiet.
"I'm doing okay.."
"So what are they doing to you there?"
"Well, they have just been doing Xrays and tests. I have to go through surgery." That very word scared me...and it still does.
"You do?! Why? what's wrong?"
"I have to get my apendix removed." I was silent for a few moments. I didn't know how serious this was going to get. I was worried for Tosha. She couldn't talk any longer because she had other family members to call. So, the conversation ended.
Just yesterday my mom and I went to visit Tosha in the hospital (hehe I got to drive on the freeway there! ahh...the power of permits!) When we got to the hospital we went to the gift shop located there to get her something. We decided to get her a hello kitty baloon, and a soft yellow teddy bear. After going though 3 elevators, and a bunch of long hallways, we came to the room she was in. I could hear her mom talking. In we went.
Tosha was on Morphine so she was in a surprisingly good mood that night. I told her about all that had been going on with my life, and she told me about how the hospital was. She hated it there. So much pain, and boredom. I feel so sorry for her! I'm so glad that her mom took her in when she did, had she not, even two days....Tosha could have died. I am so greatful that she is still still going to show me her beautiful smile, and her bright fun exsistance, all in good time. I will come and visit her through out this week. Hopefully she will be able to be out of the hospital by Wednesday. However, she will not be able to run around, or be that active..she will most likely be in plenty of pain for a while after.



1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger AlanRay said...

wow, that's pretty scary, be sure to give her my best wishes next time you go to see her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home