Kate Godfrey

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Drowning

This one is mainly just a poem, but I will most likely make it into song lyrics:

Drowning

My stone heart anchors
on this paper ship
I drifted to far down the river
The current was to quick
I created this sliver
My blood frozen and thick

I'm drowning under water
I reach out for your grip
you don't even see me
The boat rocks on the river
So deep and so cold
I see you all

On the bottom of freedom
My finger nails scrape
so close to life
Such an easy escape

I'm drowning under water
My hand dances at the surface
You all laugh at me now
I have been seen

Further and further I fall
You are above me
My mercy is at your tilted head
I watch my self in your eyes
Fadded and dead

No longer living
finally hear you cry
Swept away by the irony
I am now in sky

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger AlanRay said...

hey, if you do start recording your music you should upload it to soundclick so that we can all listen to it. oh, and i'm glad you got your internet back, i know how hard that can be.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Frydice said...

i am drowning too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home