Kate Godfrey

Monday, February 02, 2009

Intelegent Rape Services

It seems I have been out of the world of blogging for quite some time. I haven't updated any of my online Katelynaphernalia in months... It's so easy to get out of the loop, and become burnt out on the same tasks...a comment here, and reply there. Sometimes it seems that, that's all life is; offs and ons....
For the first time I decided I would try to do my taxes by myself online. I don't know what happened, but now instead of receiving a certain amount, I apparently owe the IRS money. They already took out my earnings for the year, and scraped from the top, feeding into things I don't agree on, and now....I owe 586 dollars?! It's my money...this is illogical and strange.
My balance before the IRS tried to withdraw this amount, was around 66 dollars....is it possible, I wonder, that it's required to have the allotted amount of your tax return in your account before they can hand it over? Still, that seems to unnecessary...
My best guess is that I filled something out incorrectly when I filed electronically. And now I am stuck with the worry of the IRS trying to withdraw this amount again sometime in the future. And ofcorse they will just expect me to hand it over if that happends, I don't have that kind of money, and Zions Bank charges redictulous overdraft fees.
I know exactly why they haven't "forgotten who keeps them in buisiness...."
They'll rape you for all you are, and then some...at any given tiney mistake, it will escalate in a vicious snowball effect, leaving you far down into the hole of debt.
Those have been my latest issues...
On a lighter note, I am working on a studio album, available this summer. I'll keep you posted.
Fight the power.
-Kate Godfrey

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Well, I found out what happened. Not that any of this is really blog worthy material, or that it is even really anyone's business but my own...whatever, who cares.
Anyway what happened is that I filed to have NOTHING claimed on my W4 form. In doing this, now instead of having an amount returned from back to me from the IRS for the year...I actually owe the IRS money, fair and square. It was improper filing on my part. I feel like a fool.
I have since claimed at least MYSELF (duh!) on my W4 so I don't run into this again next year during tax return time.
I guess you always learn somehow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home